yuuago: (Netherlands - Oh?)
[personal profile] yuuago
I was having a rough day recently, so I did what any reasonable person would do (cough) and ordered myself some more watercolour paints.

The Beam paints I already had are great, but the colours were kind of limited, so I decided to add to the set. Previously had two greens, two yellows, one red and one blue; I now have a full split primary palette plus a few extras (white, black, and purple - I have such a hard time making a good purple, it made sense at the time to pick up a convenience colour).

Eventually I'd like to add a few browns and maybe an orange and pink, but so far I've been able to make do by mixing what I have together. So. Not going to lie, I do like working with limited colours, and in a way I was kind of unsure about adding more, but I reaaaally needed a warm red and a cold blue, so. Here we are.

I'm so looking forward to using these. I've taped down some small square papers and sketched out a few things with watercolour pencils; will hopefully get around to working with the new paints some time this weekend if I manage my time right. These sheets are very small, only 3.5x3.5 inches, so I'll be able to work through them quickly.

I also bought the teeniest tiniest travel brush. #2 size. IT'S SO SMALL. When it's collapsed for travel, it fits inside a mint tin. So cute. So tiny. Not sure how often I'll use it, but it'll probably be great for doing details on the tiny sheets.

Kind of second-guessing my decision to buy the black and white; normally I avoid those. But I have been very curious about doing some monochromatic b&w studies, so they ended up in the order. I guess I'll just have to try them out and see how they behave. Could be interesting.

That's enough paints for now, probably. I've also been kind of curious about Rosa watercolours, but if I ever reach for those it will likely be an actual palette, and I don't see any call for that at the moment. I do find that I prefer stuff in pans. Tubes do perform pretty great, but they feel so... messy in comparison.

Date: 2026-08-15 01:15 pm (UTC)
kanadka: a cat and sunbeams (sun kitty)
From: [personal profile] kanadka
Sorry you were having such a rough day D: but yay for paints!! Exciting to see what you'll come up with using them :D

Date: 2026-08-16 03:41 am (UTC)
hokuton_punch: A picture of clouds against a blue sky. (clouds sky visualwit)
From: [personal profile] hokuton_punch
Yay, new paints and brush! \o/ I hope you have fun experimenting with them!

Date: 2026-08-18 02:10 am (UTC)
ireneultramarine: Color Woodcut on Paper, Mabel Royds, 1937 (Default)
From: [personal profile] ireneultramarine
Yay, more paints! I've heard good things about Rosa too, but I haven't gotten around to trying them. If you ever end up getting some, lmk what you think :D

Profile

yuuago: (Default)
yuuago

About

Yuu. Fic writer & book lover. M/Canada.
My journal is a mix of fandom and RL.
Please see profile for more information.
:)

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 9th, 2026 12:06 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios