Judo adventures summer session 4.61
Aug. 10th, 2026 11:22 pmAttending: Me, C, Moh, and Nad. TN-sensei and T-sensei instructing.
TN-sensei has been away for a while in Japan, and T-sense has been away for a while in Newfoundland. So it was nice to see both of them.
I partnered with Nad today. We worked on ippon-seoinage, morote-seoinage, and then using techniques to turn and pull someone toward you in order to destabilize them.
After class, TN-sensei asked to talk to me for a bit. He says that I should define a goal for myself. He suggested learning the Gokyo no waza, or "five sets of techniques" in the standard syllabus. To start with group 1 and then go from there.
I think he still doesn't understand that I have no intention of teaching. Maybe I'll look into Gokyo, maybe not. (Probably not) Personally I don't think I need a goal at the moment. My goal is to come to class and enjoy the class, that's it.
Yuu. Fic writer & book lover. M/Canada.