yuuago: (Åland - Smile!)
[personal profile] yuuago
AHH my Penablers order came in today!! I ordered a bunch of ink samples. They're very sizeable samples, so I definitely have a lot to play with here.

One of the inks I ordered is Wearingeul's "The Count of Monte Cristo" - it has glitter in it. I'm going to be sure to only use that with a broad nib, because the glitter can be an issue. All of the other inks I bought are more of a standard type and as far as I know relatively well-behaved.

I'm going to flush out my W&B broad pen (it was due for an ink refill/change anyway) and give it a shot tonight.

I also put in an order with Buchan stationery for the Sailor PGS I've had my eyes on since January. It finally shipped today and I am going to be a bundle of nerves until it arrives. I'm still not sure which of the new inks I'll put in it. Several of the inks I ordered are Pilot Iroshizuku, and from what I remember hearing, Japanese inks do well with Japanese pens. SO I'll try one of those inks in the Sailor pen first.


Wearingeul:
Tom Sawyer - Earthy light green (might be best with a broad nib for readability)
Three Musketeers - Deep navy with black undertone
Count of Monte Cristo - Cobalt blue with violet shimmer
Robinson Crusoe - Light blue with green undertones
Steadfast Tin Soldier - Dark red/brown

Iroshizuku:
Momiji: Autumn leaf red with gold sheen (prominent sheen, not always well-behaved, might use a medium or broad with this one)
Take-Sumi: Neutral black with reddish brown sheen (performs well in Japanese fine nib, so a good option for the Sailor pen)
Ama-Iro: Medium sky blue
Yama-Budo: Bright fuchsia purple

Profile

yuuago: (Default)
yuuago

About

Yuu. Fic writer & book lover. M/Canada.
My journal is a mix of fandom and RL.
Please see profile for more information.
:)

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 09:27 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios